Sunday, August 30, 2009

New Addition

We welcomed Hayes Benjamin to the family on Wednesday the 26th. He weighed 8lbs 4oz and was 20 inches long. Jeanne was scheduled to be induced that day and in fact was in labor when we showed up for the induction, it was reminiscent of Sloanes birth when she showed up to the hospital dilated to an eight, she has a crazy pain threshold. Hayes on the way out decided to come out like superman with his left hand leading the way and his right hand on his hip, the Doctor kept saying "this is not the way I would do it but we will make it work.". His incorrect birthing form made his come out looking like he was on the wrong end of a prize fight, he was swollen and bruised, pretty brutal. The kids were pretty stoked to have baby brother finally make an appearance, and Jeanne was happier than anyone to be back to normal. We are excited to start this new stage in our life and are grateful for all the well wishes from friends and family.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, pictures! He's so dang cute! I'm so excited to meet him! Good job!
-Brooke

Hailey said...

I think he looks like Buz in the last picture...what a sweetie!

Sara said...

So cute!!! Congratulations on everything. He is so cute!

John and Chelsea said...

I'm so excited for you guys-he's so cute, and looks just like your other kids...how fun! Thanks for the great pics!

Nicky said...

Oh, poor little guy. And poor Jeanne. I bet she's glad it's all over and she has a new cuddle bug. I can already see Dave in him. I love the name....my little guy's name is Benjamin. Congratulations guys!

Ben and Kim said...

He is absolutely adorable! Congratulations. My son came out the same way, one hand across his face. I didn't know it at the time but the nurses said it could have broken his little wrist. It really is a miracle when they make it here safe and sound!